Skateboarding is a form of sport that kids love to do as soon as they start growing up at the age of 5 or 6. Almost every kid is interested in riding skateboards indoor/outdoor, but how do we choose the skateboard for the kids?
it is important to consider which type of skateboard is suitable according to their age, weight, etc. In this article, I am going to talk about skateboards and give some reviews on the best skateboard for 8 year old kids.
What Is A Suitable Skateboard Size For An 8 Year Old?
Skateboards come in different sizes both for adults and kids. There are different sizes designed according to the kid’s age as well. A kid’s height and weight, according to the age is a concern while buying a suitable skateboard.
The specific question here is, what is the correct skateboard size for 8 year old? For 8 year old kids, the best size for skateboards would be between widths of 7 to 8 inches.
Skateboards with a width of 7 to 8 inches are usually called mini decks. You can decide the best skateboard for 8 year old from the reviews that I’ll provide later in this article.
What Should Be The First Skateboard For 8 Year Old?
Before you buy the first skateboard for 8 year old kid it is important to know which one is suitable. You have to consider facts like the skateboard budget and then purchase a good brand within that budget.
The first skateboard for your kid should not be very expensive not too cheap as the quality matters. Cheap skateboards are not safe for kids at all. Buying a very expensive one is not worth it because 8 year old would not understand the value of cost.
It’s better to buy a suitable best skateboard for 8 year old between 40 to 55 dollars.
What Is The Best Skateboard Shape For An 8 Year Old Boy?
When you decide to buy a good skateboard for 8 year old, check if the shape is suitable or not. Not every skateboard has a safe shape for kids, and, not all designs are meant for boys. Hence you need to choose a good skateboard shape for kids.
Skateboards with wider decks are more comfortable and safer for kids. Before purchasing the skateboard, check the dimensions and choose one with a wider deck and soft wheels.
What Kind Of Skateboard Graphics Is Suitable For 8 Year Old Kids?
Kids who are around 8 years old are usually interested in funky and colorful things. Kids love to own things that match their favorite colors, cartoons, or characters. There are many skateboards available which are designed in funky graphics.
You would want your kid to feel happy to get his/her first skateboard, isn’t it?
In that case, buy something that goes with their interest and it is better if the graphics are in high definition.
There are some skateboards designed with HD graphics and Disney themes or heroes like Batman, Spider-man, etc. You can purchase a funky skateboard for 8 year old according to his/her interests.
In this article, I’ll be reviewing a spider-man themed skateboard for boys. You can check it out!
Why Is It Recommended To Buy Skateboard Safety Equipment?
Once you buy a good skateboard for 8 year old beginner, it is important to buy skateboard equipment as well.
The wheels and bearings of the skateboards are not always adjusted according to a kid’s age. The weight, foot size, and ability to balance can differ.
You need to adjust the wheels and bearings by yourself by tightening or loosening them. If the wheels are too loose or too tight, your kid won’t be able to ride it smoothly. Safety of skateboarding for kids is a big concern while you allow them to ride it.
What Are The Skating Benefits For Kids?
Skating is an active indoor and outdoor sport for kids. Other than the fun about riding it, there are some more benefits for the kids:
- Skateboarding helps a kid to have greater balance control over their body.
- Skateboarding helps to develop strong muscles.
- Kids get better at skateboarding with practice.
- Kids develop stronger legs with skateboarding
These are some amazing benefits of skateboarding for kids. Every kid should have a skateboard for such a great sport. So, let’s wait no more and get started with the reviews of the best first skateboard for 8 year old.
Best skateboard for 8 year old kids according to Experts
Here is the list of skateboard for 8 year old kids
- Playshion Complete Mini Cruiser Skateboard
- Meketec Skateboards for Kids and Boys
- PlayWheels Ultimate Spider-man Skateboard for Kids
- ReDo Skateboard Zodiac Skateboard
- Kryptonics In-Lay Cruiser Skateboard
Playshion Complete Mini Cruiser Skateboard
The Playshion Complete Mini Cruiser is a 22 inch mini skateboard for beginner kids. The specialty of this skateboard is the sturdy deck. “The sturdy deck of this skateboard, which is made of fiberglass compound, can hold weight up to 220 lbs.” This could be the first skateboard for 8 year olds.
- Anti wheel design for easy left/right turn
- Made of solid Aluminum trucks (3.2 inches)
- Soft wheels (59 x 45mm) for smooth ride
- ABEC-9 bearings attached with the wheels
- Fiberglass sturdy deck
Why is it good for kids?
- This skateboard can hold weight up to 220 lbs with a good balance.
- The anti-soft wheels make it easier to ride smoothly.
- While rotating the Nylon balls reduce friction.
- Sensitive to steering.
- The trucks can be adjusted with tools.
- Made of durable and smooth Polyurethane material.
- The design is funky, comes in 4 colors.
- You might have to adjust the bearing on wheels
Click Here to See Customer Reviews & Price
Meketec Skateboards for Kids and Boys
The Meketec Skateboard Mini Cruiser is a 22 inch retro skateboard for boys and beginners. This skateboard is made of CE certified plastic.” The plastic compact body of this skateboard makes it easy for the kids to carry it around”.
Kids can put in their bags and carry the skateboard to parks, school, sports zone, etc. If you are looking for a good starter skateboard for 8 year old boy, this model will be a good choice.
- Includes 32inch trucks
- Smooth wheels ( 60mm*45 pu) with bearings of ABEC-7
- Deck length 22.5 inches and width 6 inch
- Made of high-quality Aluminum
- Weight 3.8 pounds
Why is it good for kids?
- Can hold up to 200 lb weight
- Kids can carry the skateboard in their bags
- Smooth ride and high performance
- More than 20 colors are available
- Girls and master riders can use it too
- The deck of this skateboard is bendable
- The soft casters provide a smooth and stable ride
- Does not include adjustment tools
- The wheels might be too tight/loose, you have to fix it.
Click here to see more customers reviews and price
PlayWheels Ultimate Spider-man Skateboard for Kids
The PlayWheels Ultimate Spider-Man Skateboard is a 21 inch Wood Cruiser Skateboard. “This skateboard has a spiderman theme, designed with easy kicktail that provides easy brake system and greater control.” This is probably the bestsize skateboard for 8 year old.
- 21 inches with a durable maple deck
- 55mm x 27mm PVC injected wheels with nylon bearings
- Steel axle and composite trucks
- Weight 2.5 pounds
- Spider Crawl design
Why is it good for kids?
- The wheels and nylon bearings provide a smooth ride
- The composite trucks provide faster speed
- Can hold weight up to 100lbs
- Easy to brake
- Greater control
- Supports smaller feet to balance well
- The wheels might have to be adjusted
- Not suitable for very bumpy places
Click Here to see more customers reviews and price
ReDo Skateboard Zodiac Skateboard
The ReDo Skateboard Zodiac Premium is a high-quality cruiser skateboard for girls, boys, and adults. “This premium cruiser has Aluminum trucks with carbon and hard steel axle that provide greater balance and stability”. This is a good starter skateboard for 8 year old girl and boy or anyone older than that.
- 60 mm polyurethane custom wheels
- 88A Medium Bushings
- 5 inch Aluminum trucks
- Hardened steel axle
- High Definition graphics
- Weight 5.49 pounds
- 28.55 x 8 inches dimensions
- Full sheet-rock hard maple base
Why is it good for kids?
- The custom wheels can increase maneuverability.
- Full concave supports more stability.
- The smooth bushings are great for easy turning and balance.
- The shape of the deck is extra wide for safety.
- Attractive HD graphics make the skateboard look funky.
- Two different designs for both girls and boys – Big Wave cruiser and Flamingo Cruiser.
- Not sturdy enough for adults.
- The plastic is under the trucks.
Click here to see more customers reviews & price
Kryptonics In-Lay Cruiser Skateboard
The Kryptonics In-Lay Cruiser is a 28 inch Skateboard with in-layed bottom and thick durable deck. “The 12mm angled riser pads included provide faster speed and support more weight.” This is an excellent skateboard for 8 year old beginner and older kids as well.
- Cruiser shaped, single kicktail design
- 8-ply durable deck made of maple wood
- Polyurethane wheels(60mm x 40mm)
- 6 inch Aluminum trucks
- 88A Urethane bushings
- 12mm support pads
- 28 x 8 x 3 inches dimensions
- Weighs 5.2 lbs.
Why is it good for kids?
- The single kicktail design supports greater control and easy brakes.
- The wheels and bearings provide a very smooth and steady ride.
- The pads are good for supporting weight
- Can hold weight up to 220 lbs.
- Safe ride for girls.
- The wheels are soft.
- Super fast speed
- The deck is a bit heavy.
- The bearings might need adjustment.
Click Here to see more customer reviews & price
Skateboarding is a cool and active sport for both girls and boys. Kids can learn to ride a skateboard from the age of 6.
The first skateboard for your child should be special and it might be difficult to choose the best one.
In this article, I have given short reviews on 5 excellent, best-seller skateboards for very young kids. This could be helpful for you to choose the best skateboard for 8 year old!